The first ETOPIM conference was held in Columbus, Ohio, in 1977 and has been followed by six other conferences at international locations. These conferences have provided a unique forum for experimentalists and theorists to get together and advance their understanding of the electrical transport and optical properties of inhomogeneous media.
- ETOPIM 1 - 1977: Inaugural conference ~ Smith Laboratory, Physics, OSU, Columbus, Ohio, USA | Group Photo
Convenors: James Garland, David Tanner, David Stroud, Robert Mills, Jan Korringa
- ETOPIM 2 - 1988 (August 29-September 2): The Sorbonne, Paris, France
Convenors: Jacques Lafait, David Burnham Tanner | Proceedings: Physica A 157, published 1989
- ETOPIM 3 - 1993 (August 9-13): Guanajuato, Mexico
Convenors: Florin Abeles, Rubén Barrera, Ping Sheng, W.L. Mochan | Proceedings: Physica A
- ETOPIM 4 - 1996 (July 23-30): St. Petersburg/
Convenors: Brian Abeles, Andrey Lagarkov, Ping Sheng, A.M. Dykhn | Proceedings: Physica A
- ETOPIM 5 - 1999 (June 21-25): Hong Kong, China
Convenor: Ping Sheng
- ETOPIM 6 - 2002 (July 15-19): Snowbird, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Convenors: Graeme Milton, Ken Golden | Proceedings: Physica B
- ETOPIM 7 - 2006 (July 9-14): Cockle Bay, Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia | Group Photo
Convenors: Ross McPhedran (Inaugural President of ETOPIM inc.), David McKenzie, Marcela Bilek, Stuart Anderson | Proceedings: Physica B
- ETOPIM 8 - 2009 (June 7-12): Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece | Group Photo
Convenors: Costas Soukoulis, AMES Lab USA/FORTH, Crete, Greece and Maria Kafesaki, FORTH, Crete, Greece | Proceedings: Physica B
- ETOPIM 9 - 2012 (September 2-7): Le Pharo, Marseille, France | 35TH Anniversary of the Founding of ETOPIM Meetings
Convenors: Stefan Enoch, Sebastien Guenneau
The latter Proceedings of ETOPIM Conferences have been published by arrangement with North Holland Publishers as a Special Edition of Physica B: Condensed Matter, the premier academic journal in the field.
ETOPIM History ...
Were you part of ETOPIM's history? If you have some information or digitised images that you could eMail to the Secretariat, we would be very glad to have them for inclusion on our History page.